Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween

I love planning Halloween crafts. But since we aren't allowed to celebrate holidays for fear of offending another religion we have to make them generic. For example, instead of Merry Christmas it's Happy Holidays. We can't do Santa's or god, but reindeer and snomen are fair game. For Halloween we can't have a party with Witches and skeletons, but it's okay to have a "Harvest Party" with Pumpkins. zzzzz boring. But we make do, you do what you have to I guess.

In October we had Autumn, Safety, Pumpkins, and colors. We generally do a topic a week and it is picked out a year in advance. Some teachers like myself make up our own occasionally. I went all out for Halloween making pumpkins with faces to glue on, counting games, I even made some ghosts lol. I couldn't help myself. We had a "harvest party" were the kids were allowed to bring costumes to "play dress up". I made little goody bags with bubbles, twizzlers, and coloring books. It was a fun time.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it on here or not, but recently my co teacher accepted a new position elsewhere. That, coupled with the fact that half our class left for Kindergarten my boss decided to keep it at 12 kids. 3 or 4 of them have parents that work seasonally or have Title 20 so they are only allowed to bring the kids if they work. Generally I have about 9 kids or less by myself and they all play really well together. It's been a breeze since my co-teacher left. I miss talking to her, but she didn't really help a whole lot craft/lesson wise so it's not like I had to all of a sudden pick those things up.

I have two boys in my class who are 3. They are both named Julian and I say their names ALL dAY LONG! lol. Julian H! Julian C! STOP!! They are going to drive me to drink soon I think. Then in the afternoon I get another one from the other class. AHHHHHH!!!!! First it was Gabe's and now it's Julians.

I'm doing well in college, I had to take a physics class this year since it turns out that was holding me back from beginning my Radiology program. I was pretty ticked when I found that out this summer, but I'm trying to look at it in a good way I get to be with "my kids" another year so it's not all bad.

My mind is wandering around so I just wanted to post these two sites I found that my daughter enjoys doing on the computer.

1. www.starfall.com
2. They Might be Giants - Seven on youtube.com

No comments: