I was never really gone, but I was feeling darker and darker where I just didn't care. College is a tough balance for normally, but without my zoloft it was horrible, teaching preschool was horrible and if didn't like the person I had become.
Well summer has pased and the big kids are off to kindergarten. All the kids that have been a thorn in my side over the the last year are gone or leaving for cheaper places.
Some kids you just don't click with and I admit it happened with me. "Brey", "Brennan" and "Niah" are off to "real" preschools despite the fact we teach the same thing here. We had 1 just up and leave, and 7 leave for kindergarten. It hasn't left many fulltimers in our class. Its been nice.
My daughter started Kindergarten this year. She turns 5 on Saturday. I was fine with it until yesterday the fourth day of school. She goes from 8 to 3 and I realize now why Kindergarten started out as only a 3 hour program! Its such a long day to be seperated from your baby!
My girl's friend "T" has been in my care for many years. He called me yesterday because he missed me. Awwwww! I saw him this morning on my way out of the building sobbing and my heart hurt for him. I took him to his new room and had to leave before I teared up. He is definitely having a hard time adjusting.
Now I'm trying to find my place in their lives. I am no longer "miss C" but their old teacher. Suprisingly there are a lot of kids I used to care for that go to that school. Its kinds funny to see the teachers look At me after they say hi trying to figure out who I might be.
I know they need to move on and grow up but its nice to have a few remember and like me.
No comments:
Post a Comment