Upon arriving work wednesday there were already 8 of my kids next door. Meaning that by 9 am there are already 20 of my kids in the building. Did I mention it was raining? Yike!
I had been a bit behind in my lesson plans so I didn't have a lot ready. What in the world does my coteacher do with them the first hour she is here anyway? Anyway after getting them established in seatwork I set about getting them ready to finish our safari hats and toilet paper tube binnoculars.
This weeks theme is about the jungle. Let me tell you these kids sure as hell acted like wild animals! Fighting biting arguing tattling pinching etc. Good grief!
I laid down the law yesterday for realz! Any of the above "infractions" resulted in an immeadiate time out. No ifs ands buts or aecond chances. Worked mostly well except for one kid. He has adhd combined with possible odd. He was in time out most of the day on and off.
Yesterday my coteacher had them sitting at tables when I came in. Now that is what we need! She set up an obstacle course so we did that and had circle then lunch then nap. The kids did pretty well. We were all exhausted!
The afternoon was horrible! Especially "gabe". The main thing that stands out in my mind was he already had 4 time outs from 230 to 430 when we were able to go outside. Grrr well he fell over this girl while they were running.
He got up and pushed her down and proceeded to punch and kick her! Wtf!? I was two steps away when he spotted me and tried to run off.
I was/am in serious dislike of this kid. He is so sneaky and conniving! He is only 5!
The infinite patience I normally posess has flown the coop via the little blue pills I take to keep me sane so it has been a very frustrating week for me.
Although today has been pretty good and yay! It is friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment