Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A few of my favorite things

Raindrops on roses.... ahem anyway.

One of the perks about being a teacher at my preschool/daycare is that I KNOW all my daughters friends behaviors before they are invited to my house. That is worth it's weight in gold my friend. But one will always slip through though. "Trevor" has been my daughters "best friend and bf" for almost 1 year. That's pretty good for a couple of 4 year olds. ;) They've recently decided to split amicably. lol Well he has a MAJOR attitude issue when he is angry or doesn't get his way. After being his teacher for over two years I'm still at a loss most of the time where this anger comes from and how to deal with the resulting lash outs. He's the one I make exceptions for the rule of not coming to my house, mainly because I think he needs it and I love the little turd.

My little buddy "Thomas" is getting sweeter by the day. This morning I was sitting on the carpet hanging out while the kids played. I was keeping the peace if any spats broke out. He came up and asked me to build blocks with him so while we were building I asked him about his baby sister etc. He told me ,"I have dese bwue eyes, my dad giveded dem to me". He was TOTALLY sincere and it was so sweet.

While I was foraying into the infant world/room, I taught a boy named "Matthew" how to say blue. He says "boo" however. :) Which is fitting for this Halloween season. This week has been full of Halloween treats, cookies, and birthday cupcakes. No wonder I weigh a ton.

This week we have made Harvest corn finger painting, Pumpkin Puzzles, and worked on the letters I, and J. Lots of games in between, free play, and we have made it outside quite alot too. It has been a pretty good week so far. I even got to leave an hour early today! :)

Here was one of our circle time songs about washing your hands since all the kids are full of grossness...
"If your happy and you know it"

If you need to cough or sneeze cover yourself! Achoo! (place elbow up to mouth)
If you need to cough or sneeze cover yourself! Achoo!
When you need to cough or sneeze, think of others PLEASE!!!! (crazy face)
If you need to cough or sneeze cover yourself!

No comments: