Most moms really like their childs first teacher in preschool. I know I did. The second ones or those as they get older maybe not so much. There ar more kids and less time to chat eachother up. You have higher expectations and a lower tolerance.
A boy in my clas named "t" is newly 3. In his old class the teacher cleaned up all six kids mess since she is a neat freak. Now obviously with 24 kids in my class my co teacher and I don't have the luxury of additional cleanup time. If you make the mess you clean it up. "t" does not like that rule apparently and told his mom he doesn't like our class. Yeah kid it sucks to get bigger and have to follow rules huh? :)
Mom told his old teacher this morning that he missed his old class and didn't like his new techers and I overheard. I'm a little irritated since I've done nothing but make the new little kids as comfortable as I can. Althought, I can see it from the moms point of view. She wants her son to be happy, but she should also be happy we are setting limits for him so he doesn't grow up to be a deliquent. When you walk into your children's daycare class you will see kids in all corners of the room- toys everywhere- and exhausted teachers. Probably think wow what if anything did they do today? Take your worst day and multiply it by 5. Time out is my only weapon. Now imagine.trying to get kids from all different age groups sitting still then teach them shapes colors sounds alphabet numbers weathe days of the week and then months. That is just at circle. What about crafts? Add in all the hitting whining crying that may break out at any given moment and by 6 PM you would look like me too.
Don't understand me wrong!
In between all the learning I get to hear jokes - get hugs - hear stories about your family lol-i am told I love you- teach kids to love their friends - see creativity at work- watch them learn emphathy- and best of all get to help shape the fine people I hope they turn out to become one day. That takes a lot of energy. So please pardon me if I cannot cater to your sons whims. He will have to learn one day the earth does not revolve around him alone mom. By the way ask "t" who he gave a hug and a kiss at naptime then I rubbed his back at nap today while he was missing you. He likes me fine, just not picking up toys.
No comments:
Post a Comment